Monday, January 31, 2011

Herbs & Spices

Fresh Herbs and spices are always better but many people are worried about wasting, that they won't use up what they bought and they will end up throwing it away.
Many herbs like coriander I tend to always have on hand, but basil and parsley tend to go bad so quickly and I don't always have time to use them up. my mother-in-law showed me that I can wash and dry the greens and then separate them in to ziplocks and freeze them. I don't use parsley so often but every so often I have a recipe that calls for fresh parsley, so all I need to do is go in to the freezer and there it is!
I've never tried it, but my friend Hayley mentioned on an other post that she learned from Rachel Ray that you can peel fresh ginger, freeze it and then grate off what you need when you need it. I am excited to try this. I tend to use up my ginger because I cook a lot of things with ginger, but I am very curious to see how freezing it works. If you try it please let me know how it goes.

1 comment: