Monday, January 31, 2011

The Bare Necessities

There are a few things that I think are necessities so I created the "must haves" list.
  • Brown Rice
  • Fresh Ginger
  • Garlic
  • Lemons
  • Lentils
  • Oats
  • Onions
These are the things that I try to always keep on hand and that I use in most recipes.
The fresh ginger I break of about a 4 inch piece from the bins at the spice shops in the shuk.
Brown rice, lentils, and oats I buy from the bulk bins at one of the halth food stores, I have found them to be about a shekel or 2 cheaper and better quality than the pre-packaged from the supermarket.
Garlic, onions and lemons are easy to come by and are usually the same price everywhere.
When choosing lemons get the squishy juicy ones and keep your eyes peeled for the less textured skin they tend to be juicier

I also tend to use a lot of cumin but I don't know if its a necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment