Thursday, June 28, 2012

A New Spin On the Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

So what does a person do if they run out of cocoa powder?! Make something totally new and maybe even better!!!

This smoothie is creamier and more refreshing than the traditional Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie.
So here is what I did...
In a blender or tall cup for an immersion blender add:

  • 1-2 frozen bananas
  • 1-2 Tablespoons natural (sugar free) peanut butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • dash of cinnamon
  • 8 ice cubes (you may need more or less depending on what consistency you are going for)
  • 1/4 cup liquid
I add in small handfuls of ice as I go as well as adding small amounts of liquid until I get the consistency that I am looking for.
You may be asking yourself "what liquid should I use", great question! I used water, but if I had vanilla almond milk it would make this smoothie even better.  Water worked just fine, milk or soy milk would also work great.   Yum! This smoothie was SO good that just writing about it make me want some right now!

Check out the smoothie mustache!
Chayim also loved this smoothie as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment